Mini tuners

Ask your wood and other materials questions here. Please DO NOT post pictures and ask us to identify your wood, we have found that accurate ID is nearly impossible, and such discussions will be deleted. Thanks.
Alan Bates

Mini tuners

Post by Alan Bates »

Anyone out there know of a source for mini tuners? I need 4R and 4R for a octave mando and most places only sell 3+3. I used to use LMII but now they are gone. Would prefer Gotoh. Thanks.
Bob Gramann

Re: Mini tuners

Post by Bob Gramann »

If you have time to wait, use japarts.ca. They order direct from Gotoh. The prices are good.
Alan Bates

Post by Alan Bates »

Thanks. I know about them. Hoping for something faster. Guess I’ll have to wait awhile.
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

I think I got the tuners for my octave mando many years back at Stew-Mac. They still sell all kinds of mando tuners, just not sure about the minis. Why do you want minis for an octave sized instrument?
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Alan Bates

Post by Alan Bates »

I use minis because they are smaller. Don’t have to make the head so big. Stew Mac only sells 3+3’s and I don’t want to use A style mando tuners either.
Clay Schaeffer

Post by Clay Schaeffer »

You could buy two sets and have 4 left over (for a ukulele, tenor guitar, dulcimer) or buy three sets and have 10 left over for a cittern. Happy building!

Return to “Wood and Materials Q&A”