Infinity Mega Flush Trim Router Bits

Steve Sawyer

Infinity Mega Flush Trim Router Bits

Post by Steve Sawyer »

Someone at a meeting of our woodworking club mentioned these sometime last year. They are perfect for luthiers in that a) they come in lengths sufficient to route a solid body in a single pass, b) they have both top and bottom guide bearings so you don't have to move your template from one side of the stock to the other when flipping the body over to keep to non-climbing cuts to prevent blowout c) the carbide inserts are oriented so as to provide a shear cut away from the edges toward the center of the stock, and d) they are much cheaper than just about anything comparable from vendors like Freud, Amana and Whiteside.

The one I'm referring to is the 06-693, 1/2" shank, 3/4" diameter, 2" cutter height, overall height of 4 1/4", which sells for $70.

It gives a beautifully smooth cut, maybe a little less prone to burning on end-grain and very convenient to use with the upper and lower guide bearings.

Available from Infinity Cutting Tools here:

https://www.infinitytools.com/routing/r ... outer-bits

Infinity Flush Trim Bits.png
==Steve==
Barry Daniels

Re: Infinity Mega Flush Trim Router Bits

Post by Barry Daniels »

Wow, those are cool. I would think you would want a hefty table mounted router to drive those bits.
MIMF Staff
Steve Sawyer

Re: Infinity Mega Flush Trim Router Bits

Post by Steve Sawyer »

Barry Daniels wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:54 amI would think you would want a hefty table mounted router to drive those bits.
I agree 100%, but it seems (from the videos on that page to which I linked) that there are people that use some of them hand-held!! :shock:
==Steve==

Return to “Tools”