BRZ on International Flights

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Fernando Esteves

BRZ on International Flights

Post by Fernando Esteves »

Hello!
I'm Fernando from Brazil.
I'm starting an archtop course today and I had acess to a B/S of Brazilian Rosewood, but the guy can't say anything about papers of it...
I'm planning move to Spain in a few years and I'm really fearful to build it, get there and be blocked entrance or confiscated or, even worse, arrested...

Anybody has experience on how things are going this days???
Will make another topic for tonewood and dimensions doubts.
Cheers
Amateur luthier from Brazil.
I'm here to learn!!!
Darrel Friesen

Re: BRZ on International Flights

Post by Darrel Friesen »

Brazilian is beautiful stuff. It would be a shame to carve much of it away to make an archtop. Just my thoughts. Tad Brown has a smaller one in the old archives that he used Brazilian on but I believe he radiused the back without carving. The link to it is here https://www.mimf.com/old-lib/brown_archtop.htm
Fernando Esteves

Re: BRZ on International Flights

Post by Fernando Esteves »

Darrel Friesen wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:07 pm Brazilian is beautiful stuff. It would be a shame to carve much of it away to make an archtop. Just my thoughts. Tad Brown has a smaller one in the old archives that he used Brazilian on but I believe he radiused the back without carving. The link to it is here https://www.mimf.com/old-lib/brown_archtop.htm
Thank you. It's quite expensive, even here in Brazil. With this abroad problem I've risked it out of the list...
But agree, would be a waste of good tonewood
Amateur luthier from Brazil.
I'm here to learn!!!

Return to “Archtop Guitars and Bass Guitars”