Humbucker distance to the Bridge

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Fernando Esteves

Humbucker distance to the Bridge

Post by Fernando Esteves »

Hello!
I'm going to route a bridge humbucker on a guitar and a little doubt of the distance from the bridge itself.
Heard Warmoth comparison of perpendicular pickup to angled pickup (where the bass side is tilt toward neck) and really dislike the angled way.

How much do you guys get the distance from the saddles to the start of the humbucker?
Thanks
Amateur luthier from Brazil.
I'm here to learn!!!
Freeman Keller

Re: Humbucker distance to the Bridge

Post by Freeman Keller »

I think all of my humbucking guitars have used ToM bridges and I followed my les paul plans and put the center line of the pickup 1-1/2 inch in front of the center of the treble stud on the bridge.

Its common to angle single coils but I've never seen a humbucker mounted at an angle. Frankly when I play guitars with humbuckers I tend to play more on the neck than the bridge, maybe with the switch in the middle and just a little bridge blended in.
Fernando Esteves

Re: Humbucker distance to the Bridge

Post by Fernando Esteves »

Thank you
Amateur luthier from Brazil.
I'm here to learn!!!

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”