New Baritone Build Completed

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Pete Halliday

New Baritone Build Completed

Post by Pete Halliday »

Here's a 28 5/8" scale baritone version of my Haggerty model. It's a poplar body with torrefied maple neck and Richlite fretboard, EP Custom Pickups hand-wired JM-style pickups, and most importantly was hand-painted by my daughter.

Darrel Friesen

Re: New Baritone Build Completed

Post by Darrel Friesen »

Looks great Pete! Nice paint job too. I'm thinking Brad Paisley would love this guitar. Groan :)
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

There is a lot of neat stuff here but I'm sure the paint job is the most special to you!
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Karl Wicklund

Post by Karl Wicklund »

I agree - that is a wonderfully playful paint job. Something about it being a baritone adds to the mix.

Also, I spent as much time looking at your tool wall as I did looking at the guitar.
Kaptain Karl
Frank Dryer III

Post by Frank Dryer III »

That's amazing!!!! Will you upload some video or audio files as example of how it sounds? I'm very curious!
Last edited by Barry Daniels on Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Staff removed unrelated link and repost of photos.
Phil Donovan

Post by Phil Donovan »

That looks awesome Pete.

And inspiring because I"m right in the middle of a Baritone build right now, and getting to the point where I should probably seek some guidance from a few of those that have much more experience than I.

Mine is also a 28 5/8ths scale. I need to look at how folks are best preparing and gluing the fingerboards to the neck base. Looks like something best done right the first time!

Nice work there Pete and love the finish design.

Best,

Phil D

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”