PRS or Gibson?

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Frank Dryer III

PRS or Gibson?

Post by Frank Dryer III »

Hi everybody! I have Fender Squier Affinity Strat but few days ago I've broken the neck of it and searching for neck from some squier/fender guitars. But as option I'm looking for replacement and I started to think about PRS guitar. I've never played on those guitars. Does onyone have an experience of playing and using PRS guitars, or should I choose Gibson model (I'm not sure that I will choose Fender/Squier enymore)?
JC Whitney

Re: PRS or Gibson?

Post by JC Whitney »

That would be a big step up from a Squire.

Best bet - go to a local store that will let you spend some good long quality time noodling around on a few potentials, to see if a PRS is a good fit for you. If your budget can accommodate a PRS price tag, you might also consider looking at small-shop/luthier built guitars. Find out what shop the real players in your part of the world trust, and see if you can strike up a conversation with the folks behind the counter.

Return to “Jam Session”