Great Guitar Build-off 2021

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Jeff Pierce

Great Guitar Build-off 2021

Post by Jeff Pierce »

Hi everyone. The Great Guitar Build-off (GGBO) 2021 is a contest for amateur and professional luthiers / guitar builders with the goal of promoting the craft. It is sponsored by Crimson Guitars in the UK. There are three divisions: Invitational, Scratch Build and Kit Build. The invitational competition was for a select few invited luthiers and was primarily about auctioning the final products for charity. That portion of the contest is over. The "public" competition is in the other two divisions. The deadline to submit an entry and complete the build was June 30. Many remarkable and unique guitars were entered. The first round of judging is by public vote. Voting is open now. Go and check out the cool guitars and vote for your favorite. Go to www.greatguitarbuildoff.com and select "Competitors" and choose the division you want. When you find the one you want to vote for, click on the little heart on the builder's profile page.

ps. yes, I did enter a build and am hoping you vote for me, but there are many great instruments to choose from
Darrel Friesen

Re: Great Guitar Build-off 2021

Post by Darrel Friesen »

Seems to be all electric guitars. Some good looking builds.
Matthew Lau

Re: Great Guitar Build-off 2021

Post by Matthew Lau »

Thanks for sharing this link.

And here I'd thought it was a MIMF contest!

Return to “Jam Session”