request for a hard to find document by Steve Newberry

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!
Herb Brauer

request for a hard to find document by Steve Newberry

Post by Herb Brauer »

Hi! I would like to post the following request for help. Is it okay? And if so, where (under which topic) would it be suitable?
Thanks

I am not a luthier, but I love guitars (I am having a beauty made for me at this time) and I love good writing.

A few days ago I stumbled across an article by Ervin Somogyi (2013) in which he made reference to another article by (the late) Steve Newberry, entitled "Vicente Tatay and His Guitars" (American Lutherie, issue #66, Summer 2001, pp. 47-49).

Somogyi wrote, "Give yourself a treat and look that article up; it’s as well written as anything Mark Twain ever wrote." Well, I would love to read that article but unfortunately, this back issue seems no longer available, and the Big Red Book Volume Six, which offers this issue (among others) is a tome, most of which probably holds very little interest for me.

So, I am writing this on the slimmest hope that perhaps someone among you has a copy of that article, in some sort of digital form (jpg, pdf, or any kind of scan) that he or she would be willing to pass along to me. I hope that doesn't amount to any sort of copyright infringement. After all, good writing deserves to be read and appreciated.

Herb

brauherb@gmail.com
David King

Re: request for a hard to find document by Steve Newberry

Post by David King »

Herb,

I would try to contact the GAL directly and see if they can help you with this. They must have a digital copy on file.
Rodger Knox

Post by Rodger Knox »

I have a copy the Big Red Vol. 6, I'll see if I can find the article and scan it.
A man hears what he wants to hear, and disreguards the rest. Paul Simon
Rodger Knox

Post by Rodger Knox »

Herb,
Check your email.
A man hears what he wants to hear, and disreguards the rest. Paul Simon

Return to “The Soundhole”