I like it!

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!
Ryan Mazzocco

I like it!

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Please forgive me if this makes me sound like a spoiled, lazy millennial. I'm Just a tad too old to fit into that group. But the fact remains, aspects of modern day life such as social media has changed the way we communicate with each other. One feature that has become very prominent in these various fora is the "Like" button. It's an easy way to express to someone else that you appreciated or found their post helpful in some way. This is much easier than a follow up post saying, "I liked your post." Is there any option within the MIMF setup to add a "like" button, or something that would serve the same function? I find many time I want to express appreciation for someone's post. But to post that I like it would take more time and clutter up the thread. Also, I think it feels good when someone else lets you know that your input was appreciated.
just a thought. Thanks
Ryan Mazzocco

Re: I like it!

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Wow, this tread didn't even get off the ground. I guess we need a "dislike" button too :oops: :lol:
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Schultz »

There's no such existing feature in the current version of the software we're using, although it looks like it might be added in a future version. There are a set of icons (which you should now see if you reply to this post), but you still have to do a reply, so not the same thing as on FB.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

You spoiled (pre-)millennials, starting a new discussion and writing a paragraph on how you are too lazy to type out that you like a post <G>

Obviously you are not quite a millennial or you wouldn't have said anything about it at all and just trashed us on yelp.

See you in April,

Grumpy Gen-Xer <G>
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Mike Conner

Post by Mike Conner »

Ryan, I would have clicked on the "Thanks" or "Like" button, but wait, we don't have one :lol:

Mandolin Cafe has the "Thanks" feature, and I do find that worthwhile in that the "Thanks" identifies the user name giving you that thumbs up without cluttering the thread with a short comment. Not that there's anything wrong with the short comments, just saying that the "Thanks" is more effecient.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

I am of a generation (or two) ahead of you young fellas! :-)
While I use FB and also use the "Like" button, I also appreciate it when someone actually takes the time to communicate with me, as to why they like something.
The "Like" button seems to make things a bit anonymous.

OK. If there was a like button I would probably use it too. :oops:
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bryan Bear wrote:You spoiled (pre-)millennials, starting a new discussion and writing a paragraph on how you are too lazy to type out that you like a post <G>

Obviously you are not quite a millennial or you wouldn't have said anything about it at all and just trashed us on yelp.

See you in April,

Grumpy Gen-Xer <G>
Bryan I like your comment.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

TLDR :)
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bryan Bear wrote:TLDR :)
See? I knew this was a problem

Return to “The Soundhole”