Spring 2017 Newsletter

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Spring 2017 Newsletter

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi all- I sent the below e-mail out this morning. I know a lot of you received it, but I also got about 600 bounced back e-mails and then a server error. So if you missed it, please check your spam filters.

Spring 2017 MIMF Newsletter

Hello everyone!
If you don't want to receive these (very) occasional e-mails please see the removal instructions at the bottom of this e-mail.

These newsletters are also posted on the forum, so if you're reading it there and did not get the e-mail, check your spam filters. I get a *lot* of bounced e-mails.

MIMF 20th Birthday!!
This year marks the 20th birthday of our forum! July 5th will be the exact date. Check out the special forums here: http://www.mimf.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=61
We'll have some giveaways, a series of auctions and a contest.

For the auctions, we have some back & side sets, some (mostly spruce) tops, a Strat neck and some tuners so far. If you have anything you'd like to donate, please contact me ASAP and thanks!

MIMF Archtop Project
Our archtop project has stalled a little, if anyone is interested in helping to get it back on track, please contact me or one of the moderators.

Like the MIMF on Facebook!
We're sociable! Like us here: https://www.facebook.com/MIMForum

Tutorials, etc.
Got an idea for (or needing) a tutorial? Contact us and we'll see what we can do.

Support the MIMF
Thanks to all who support the forum!

You can help support the MIMF by purchasing through (clicking on) our links to Amazon, Rockler and Woodcraft (see the home page footer). Thanks!

Staff
As always, my thanks and appreciation to the excellent MIMF volunteer staff: Mark Swanson, Barry Daniels and Jim McConkey.

Thanks for your support and participation!

Charlie Schultz, Admin
Musical Instrument Makers Forum http://mimf.com/phpbb/index.php

Didn't intend to join the MIMForum and get our quasi-monthly mailings?
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY OR YOU MAY NOT BE REMOVED!!!! Please reply to this e-mail with "Remove" as the subject, and your *MIMForum username* or e-mail, and you will be removed from the MIMForum membership roster and our mailing list. Please include your *exact* username or e-mail address! Thanks!!
Brian Evans

Re: Spring 2017 Newsletter

Post by Brian Evans »

What is the MIMF Archtop Project? I can't find it on the forum.

Brian
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Thanks to all for the hard work that keeps this place going. Thanks to all who support the MIMF (I need to renew my "subscription" as I am sure it has been a while since I did). I also want to encourage everyone to jump in and post. It is easy to read and forget to take part in the discussion. The more posts we have, the more often people will check in, this will lead to more engaging and interesting exchanges. I'm always amazed by how I pick something up that I never thought of from random discussions.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.

Return to “Jam Session”