Homemade tool encyclopedia

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Ryan Mazzocco

Homemade tool encyclopedia

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Homemadetools.net
Encyclopedia of Homemade Tools...

What? Has anyone heard of this? I just googled myself and this came up. Apparently I am a tool inventor. :o A while back ago I posted here on the MIMF a jig I had put together to radius braces on a table saw. It's now on this website, with the pictures I uploaded to the MIMF along with a brief description of the jig. It gives me, by name, credit as the inventor (even though it was an idea I saw somewhere else anyway. I never claimed to have invented it.) It also shows that 8 users of the website have requested plans for how to make one.
So, just wondering... Is this website stealing the MIMF's protected content, or are we working with them somehow?

http://www.homemadetools.net/brace-radius-jig
Jason Rodgers

Re: Homemade tool encyclopedia

Post by Jason Rodgers »

Woa, I saw some other tools by folks on the MIMF and ANZLF. I suppose it's all public info, and they are giving credit and citing their sources.
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

It looks like they credit you as "builder" not "inventor." I guess once you put something out there, you've shared it with the world. This just makes it easier for people to find ideas all in one place. I'll probably spend some time looking through that site now. . . The nice thing is it clearly lists MIMF.com so if someone with a specific interest in brace shaping could find that and be directed to this great resource.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

They appear to be linking to MIMF images, so technically they are not stealing, and they at least say where the information came from.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Jim McConkey wrote:They appear to be linking to MIMF images, so technically they are not stealing, and they at least say where the information came from.
Good enough for me. 8-) If you're cool with it I'm cool with it. Just thought I should mention it. That's all.

Return to “Jam Session”