Happy 19th birthday to the MIMF!!

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Happy 19th birthday to the MIMF!!

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi everyone,
It was 19 years ago today that Deb and Nick opened the MIMF.

Thanks to all the members who have helped out over the years, either financially, through their volunteer work or through the knowledge they so graciously share. And special thanks to these guys who help me out a ton:
  • Jim McConkey (moderator since 1999)
  • Mark Swanson (moderator since 2000)
  • Barry Daniels (moderator since 2001)
Also thanks to Stew-Mac for helping to pay the bills for most, if not all, of these years.

Bigger yet, next year will be our 20th anniversary. Any suggestions for the big event?

Charlie
Mark Swanson

Re: Happy 19th birthday to the MIMF!!

Post by Mark Swanson »

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it has been that long...but it is and has been a continuing pleasure! I have made great lifelong friends here. And I learned a ton and I thank everyone for the opportunity.
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Happy birthday! It doesn't seem like 9 years since we celebrated the 10 birthday. Thanks to all who make this place so great!
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Eric Knapp

Post by Eric Knapp »

Congrats on such a long run, that's somewhat rare. This forum is a great place for all you veterans and us rookies. Now that I've found you, you won't be able to get rid of me. There's that too, eh? :ugeek: :D
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

We love active members who both learn and share. We all have something to learn from each other. Stick around for a while. I can't believe how long I have been around here. Happy Birthday, and many more, to us!
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Bob Gramann

Post by Bob Gramann »

19 years? It seems like forever. This forum has been invaluable to me. I thank and congratulate all of you who have made it happen.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Wow that's incredible. I wish I could remember exactly when I first joined, but I'm sure it was 10 or 11 years ago. When I first decided I wanted to learn to build guitars this was the first forum I found. I joined immediately. I've tried others out and look at them from time to time, but this is home. This forum is ALWAYS open in a tab on my computer.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Happy Birthday to MIMF!!
I've only been a member for 3 or 4 years, but the members here have been invaluable to my Obsession/Job/Hobby. :lol:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members, and moderators for their valued input.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Matthew Lau

Post by Matthew Lau »

Hmmm...

Do you think we can put together something nice for Deb?
I'd be happy to chip in a bit.

Return to “Jam Session”