What do you guys do to recharge?

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Eric Knapp

Re: What do you guys do to recharge?

Post by Eric Knapp »

Beate Ritzert wrote:Moreover: there is no real cure from a burnout. You will never find back to You former strength and energy again. You will need to find a new, different level of work life balance, and You might have to readjust it as You will grow older.
This is such a good statement. I'm going through this right now and starting to build instruments is the welcome change to my life. I am in my 60s and feeling older due to some health issues. I think I tried to get back to my old self for too long without acknowledging I needed to change. I'm also starting to change my role at my work. We just hired some energetic and younger colleagues. I don't have to be the driving force for new technology anymore. I am starting to become a mentor and, gulp, administrator. The way I'm doing it seems to be fine with my subversive nature and I think it will be better for me.

-Eric

Return to “Jam Session”